I’ve been vegetarian for just about a year now (the actual date is fuzzy, since I phased out fish over time), and I can say without a doubt that this year represents the most my life has ever improved in such a short period of time. Granted, there have been a few sacrifices.
1. I respect my body more.
2. I have a cause to care about.
3. I lost a lot of body fat without trying.
4. It took 10 minutes off my workout time.
5. I eat more nuts and beans than ever before.
6. And, you definitely need to try Almond milk.
7. I have more money to spend on quality foods.
8. I’m helping the environment without even trying.
9. I probably eat twice the variety of foods I used to.
10. I don’t feel like passing out immediately after dinner.
11. Random moles and bumps on my body have disappeared.
12. I pay way more attention to what I eat before and after runs.
13. I don’t even have to think about adding vegetables to my meals.
14. I’ve learned to appreciate nature a hell of a lot more than I used to.
15. Most amazing thing, I’ve never tried so many different smoothies. 🙂
16. When I hear about horrors of factory farms, I feel angrier, but less guilty.
17. I’ve discovered many delicious healthy nutritious quick and cheap recipes.
18. It has made me want to donate money to help animals, not do it out of guilt.
19. I sleep a million times better when I don’t go to bed all bloated and full of animal parts.
20. I recognize how strong my strength of will is. You feel an immediate sense of motivation.
21. I have healthier eating habits. If you wouldn’t take care of your body and yourself, then who will?
22. When I wake up in the morning and forget for just a second that I’m vegetarian, I feel really good about myself when I remember.
23. I realize that there are a lot of alternatives to the “common knowledge” about nutrition and health.
24. And, if only you could look at my teeth, my dentist recently attributed the cleanliness of my teeth to raw fruits and vegetables.
25. I simply feel great. And, You, Anybody, Non- Vegetarians can feel great too. Who am I restricting it to myself? Everybody should feel prodigious. 🙂
Lots of celebrities are in on the act too. And let’s be honest, if it’s good enough for Beyonce….
A communications major, academic researcher, author, sunset photographer, and hardcore marketing professional with experience of over 6+ years in the industry, Lovey is always looking up witty ways to address taboo subjects in a simple yet hard-hitting manner.